If things look different in this video compared to others I’ve done, it’s because I have a new laptop stand. I’m not sure if I’ll use it as my primary stand, though. They’re usually designed to help make your notebook more ergonomic and comfortable for people, and helps keep it properly cooled. No matter what kind of notebook you have, they tend to overheat without proper airflow. Getting some type of laptop stand is a good thing for this reason. The one I normally use is a Targus. It has a couple of fans, and a couple of USB ports. The Alto from Logitech is the one I want to talk about today. First, let’s look at the features:
- Notebook display riser: Elevates and extends your notebook’s display for viewing comfort. Relaxes you while making you more productive.
- Full-sized keyboard: Type faster, with less fatigue. The integrated soft palm rest adds wrist support and keeps your hands away from the hot notebook surface.
- One-touch hot keys: Get instant access to your digital music with media and volume controls. Additional hot keys instantly take you to your favorite applications, folders, and Web pages.
- Multipurpose USB hub: Use three high-speed USB 2.0 ports to connect your favorite peripherals, including cordless mice, webcams, printers, and external drives.
- Works with virtually any notebook: Use it with your current notebook—and your next one.
- Easy setup and storage: Flip it open for instant use on almost any flat surface; fold it down for easy transport and storage.
I think this is a nice laptop stand, but it is really pricey. It looks good, and is really functional. It will make good office decor, for sure. I don’t know. Maybe I’ll grow to like it more over time. It makes my MacBook sit up entirely too high for my needs.
Want to embed this video on your own site, blog, or forum? Use this code or download the video: