If you couldn’t tell, I was reading what was being said in our live chat room – on my iPhone! The Colloquy IRC client is now available from the App Store for only $2.00! Traditionally, chat clients on the Mac have been just plain ugly. By adopting more of the Mac interface standards, Colloquy has shattered that mold forever, and made something slick and easy-to-use. There are a ton of cool features included with this iPhone App, including:
- Convenient nickname and emoticon completion popups.
- Organized Colloquies view that shows all your conversations at a glance.
- Highlights messages (and optionally vibrates) when your specific words or nickname is mentioned.
- Highly customizable interface and behavior settings within the Settings application.
- Built-in browser for clicked links and commands for quick Google, Wikipedia and Amazon searches.
- Full support for landscape mode in the entire application.
- Multiple message styles to choose from.
- Allows you to join multiple chat rooms across many different servers.
- Automatic identification with network services (NickServ).
- Solid support for secure connections over SSL.
If you’re looking for a way to chat on your iPhone, you now can do it with ease. It’s simple to get connected, yet has all of the capabilities of the full sized Application for OS X. It’s honestly very fast, as well. There is zero lag between the time someone types into chat, and when you see it on your iPhone.
You can use Colloquy in either landscape or portrait mode. This makes it nice, because each of us have our own unique way of being able to read things. Whichever works for you will work on the iPhone now!
Now, listen closely… within a week of this video being posted, I will be giving away five licenses for Colloquy for the iPhone! There is only one requirement:
You have to join Twitter, and send this message: @chrispirillo Gee I’d like a free license for Colloquy for the iPhone. Thank you..
I’m looking forward to hearing from you, and choosing five of you randomly to chat with us from your iPhone or iPod Touch!
Want to embed this video on your own site, blog, or forum? Use this code or download the video: