School bells will once again be ringing in the very near future. These days, kids of all ages need to have the best tools, gadgets and software to help them be a success. Over on Lockergnome, PixelPirate asked what types of school software is recommended for Linux. That, of course, made me think of students using all types of operating systems, and the types of software they may soon need.
One service (or software, depending on which version works best for you) that I keep hearing recommended is DropBox. I actually use this myself to get videos and documents to my assistant when she needs them. It’s a great way to help you sync data between computers at little to no cost. Beyond this, everyone seems to have a different opinion.
What software (or service) do you feel students today MUST have in order to help them do their very best in their classes?
- Facebook will be doubling the size of its datacenter.
- Police officers encourage burglary prevention.
- Have you tried out the Google Chrome Canary build?
- Are you a user of ancient technology?
- Macs never crash – oh, really?
- Do you prefer network storage or local storage for your files?
- Does Microsoft need a Linux diet?
- Bringing up Geeks: How to protect your kid’s childhood in a grow-up-too-fast World.
- Dear self-proclaimed “SEO-Expert” – please just stop already.
- What’s the difference between a college and a university?
- Does Microsoft have a plan to cripple Windows XP?
- Have you ever tried to have a serious discussion with a troll?
- Are there any software titles that you feel just need to be better in some way?
- Do you enjoy the whoosh of wind turbines?
- What motivation is there in adding unknown “friends” to your Facebook profile?
- How can a ‘cute baby contest’ demonstrate the power of crowd-sourcing and social media connections?
- New findings are promising for transformation optics and cloaking.
- How can you help Alex’s Coupons help childhood cancer charities?
- How can you use predictive text in OS X?
- Can you easily fix an iPhone display that has gone dark?
- Are you someone who is in charge of hiring new employees?
- AT&T has released the QR code app.
- Do you know how to redirect a phone to a mobile version of your site?
- What is the best back-to-school software for Linux users?
- What sure ways are there to kill your team’s morale?
You can always grab the hottest software titles available – at the hottest prices – from our download center.