Over on Lockergnome, LucaGTech wonders how you cope with the common cold. The answers are actually quite varied. You’d think that in this day and age, we’d have the medications or technologies to help us get over this annoying malady quickly. Wouldn’t it be nice to sneeze once, take a pill and be completely fine within hours? Being sick is not only annoying – it can really mess things up in your life, as well. It’s very difficult to pull out of a hole when you get behind on work (or classes) for several days due to being ill.
My assistant Kat happens to be extremely ill right now, and she’s doing everything in her power to get better faster. She visited the doctor to get proper medications for the Bronchitis. She’s resting as much as possible, is taking vitamins and eating as well as she can. However, she has to let the illness run its course. The same thing happens with a regular old cold – you have to wait it out. Some people will tell you that there are different home or homeopathic remedies that will lessen the severity and length of a cold. This isn’t exactly rocket science, and none of them have been officially proven. If they worked 100%, none of us would ever sneeze again!
How do you deal with things when you get sick? Do you resort to OTC medicines? Do you rush to your doctor? Do you lock yourself in the bedroom and hide under the covers? Make sure you do your part to prevent the spread of germs which cause colds and other illnesses: cover your cough and wash your hands frequently – please!
- Walmart is planning to offer its own cellular service? Seriously?
- What are your thoughts on YouTube’s live streaming service?
- How do you cope with common colds?
- Where will you find the fastest broadband speeds in the United States?
- How do cell phones send and receive calls?
- What is the catch with the price on the NFL Sunday Ticket to Go from DirecTV?
- Some viruses will kill computers – not humans.
- Where does one go to ask for products to review?
- Is there life outside of mobile computing?
- How much attention do you pay to the feedback you’re getting?
- Why does it make sense to use more than one browser?
- Are you your family’s chief Financial Security Officer?
- Is it possible to make oatmeal taste good?
- Radioactivity isn’t just for bombs anymore.
- Arctic can help you beat the computer heat.
- HTML5 comes to Adobe Illustrator.
- Which Blackberry apps should you not live without?
- Where can you find detailed motherboard drawings?
- Making your own household cleaner can keep your home nice – and your wallet nicer.
- Do we really need new automobile technologies?
- You can be famous for more than fifteen minutes.
- It’s not as difficult to customize OS X as many people believe.
- How many cords are stuffed behind your desk?
- Cloud computing methods greatly increase gene analysis.
- Is Linux already being used more than anyone wants to admit?
- Has adult content in commercials gone too far?
- My poor, poor hard drive is not faring well.
- How do you discover new music?
- Should having to run in school be an option?
- Move over Ustream and Justin – YouTube is testing new streaming capabilities.
- How do you find the location of a TwitPic image?
You won’t catch any germs from our software center. You’ll simply find the best deals on the hottest software and applications for all of your devices.