I was surprised – our battery interview turned out to be quite informational. PC World also has a handful of iPod battery tips, although I believe the suggestions trancend Apple’s platform. Here are my takeaways from both pieces:
- Don’t leave your battery-driven devices plugged in all the time.
- Let your batteries drain completely before recharging them.
- On the iPod, “Standby” doesn’t save as much juice as “Pause” does.
- Turning off sound equalizers may also increase battery life.
- Batteries drain quicker in warmer environments.
My biggest beef with batteries is that they’re not all removable, they’re not all rechargable, and they’re not as interchangable as they should be. Moreover, I’m wholly unimpressed when I can’t charge a device by USB.