Fifty-one percent of 25- to 29-year-olds live in households that have kicked the landline habit, according to a new report from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. This marks the first time that the number of wireless-only households have surpassed land-line households in any age bracket.
The findings in general and among the various age groups are significant because they show that cell-phone-only households aren’t prevalent just among younger, single people, according to Stephen Blumberg, the report’s author. Blumberg told the Associated Press the numbers suggest that young adults who use cell phones alone continue that habit as they have families.
What’s the demographic look like within our community? Are people in your age group making the big switch to cell phones only?
- Did Skype take Twitter down with it?
- Have you heard about the Twelve Scams of Christmas?
- What mobile phone works best for someone with impaired vision?
- How do you choose a good WordPress theme?
- Is the Griffin FlexGrip a solid product?
- Does your bicycle need a computer?
- Are there any REALLY good Android tablets on the market yet?
- Ugly Christmas sweaters are the best of all!
- What happens when a bank forecloses on the wrong home?
- Are you a computer repair person?
- If you could choose, what types of new features would you want on Facebook?
- How many sump pumps are enough?
- Is the new Commodore 64 really a Commodore 64?
- What have been the greatest movies of the decade?
- How do you make chili?
- Could 3D TV see its end in 2011?
- Is the Dislike button going to show up on Facebook soon?
- What is in your Rocket Dock?
- How do you review your QuickBooks at the end of the year?
- How do you provide tech support from a remote location.
- How do you edit Windows files?
- Do you manage any large email lists?
- Can Google Docs change the way you work?
- Are we really going to see a new version of Windows?
- How do you keep your files sync’d between machines?
- What was the first operating system you ever used?
Don’t forget to stop by our software site to see what’s new today.