My mouth hit the floor when I read the title of this thread earlier on Geeks. A drawback to being a Geek – what?! Are you kidding me? Being a Geek is the best possible thing to be. We have it all – brains, looks, girls… what more could we want? The looks, well, just because they are funny looks at times means nothing. It’s just part of the total package that makes us so amazingly perfect, right? And the girls – ahhh, the girls – we all know that Geek boys get all the girls, right? Wait, what? You have trouble finding a girlfriend? Well, perhaps if you showered more often, and stopped being so nervous around the fairer sex. Fine. The looks and the girls may be lacking. But we have the brains! And the brains get us the money! And the money gets us more Geeky gadgets! Who needs girls, anyway?
Ok, time to get serious here, my fellow Geeks. Do you actually feel there are drawbacks to being a Geek? I’m interested in hearing your answers. For me – life is good when you’re a Geek. I’m comfortable with who, what and how I am… and I wouldn’t have it any other way. But I know that not everyone would agree, so let’s have it.
- We’ll take a cup of whatever Congress is drinking.
- Small dogs do a big job.
- Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
- Are you a social musician?
- An easy-to-understand chart explains Windows licensing requirements.
- Braid is winding its way to the Playstation Network soon.
- Freaks, Geeks and Nerds – who are you?
- Verizon will be nearly doubling their termination fee.
- Is AMD headed in the right direction?
- Researchers unlock the “sound of learning”.
There are hundreds of excellent titles available at our downloads site, including games and other fun things to do!
[awsbullet:social media music]