I admit it – I love Christmas music. I like the old, traditional stuff. I like some of the funny stuff. I even like some of the new-fangled stuff! Earlier this evening, I was listening to some Christmas tunes while working in my office, and the Twelve Days of Christmas song came on. As I hummed along with this cute little song, I remembered that there’s a “redneck” version, as well. That got me thinking… where’s the Geek version?! Surely there are more than enough gadgets lying around to help inspire us, right? We demand equal representation! If Jeff Foxworthy can sing about redneck gifts, why can’t we sing about Geeky ones?
Here’s my challenge to you – come up with a whole new version of the standard Twelve Days of Christmas. The catch is, of course, that it has to be Geek style! Only Geeky gifts, gadgets and gizmos are allowed for each of the days. Make sure the song makes sense, and rhymes at least somewhat. If you want me to sing it on stream some day, you need to make sure it sounds at least kind of coherent. If I receive one that is truly awesome, you never know where you might see or hear your creation!
Get to writing, and email me your lyrics!
- Corel has sealed a deal that will allow them to keep on living.
- The Twelve Scams of Christmas
- Could your Mac be dead on arrival?
- We the bespectacled demand ways to tweak our monitors!
- Google is taking ad revenue to TiVO.
- Have you ever been misplaced on the social scale?
- Are bed bugs back and ‘better’ than ever?
- A former Geek Squad agent is blowing his whistle.
- Why is the New York Times telling us to boycott Microsoft Bing?
- If you had plenty of start-up capital in the bank, what type of business would you start?
- Two more media outlets are joining News Corp in throwing a hissy fit.
- Is Ubuntu giving users paper cuts?!
There are a lot of cool games and software titles available for excellent prices in our downloads center today – just in time for holiday gift-giving!
[awsbullet:ubuntu disk set]