For those of you who have long enjoyed having an unlimited amount of space within your Mozy account to back up your data are about to cry on your keyboard. As soon as your current subscription runs out, there will be no more “unlimited” plans to choose from. Instead, Mozy will start charging nearly six bucks each month for up to 50GB of data. If you need more space, you will have to pay another two dollars per month per 20GB. If you have more than one machine to back up, you can choose the new multi-machine option: $9.99 per month for up to 125GB and three computers.
“There has been a change in consumer behavior,” said Russ Stockdale, Mozy’s vice president of product management. “What we have seen since we launched an unlimited service five years ago is there has been an explosion in digital content, specifically digital photos and video.” Many customers store many MANY Gigabytes’ worth of videos and photos on their machines – and on Mozy’s servers.
If you’re a Mozy customer, what’s your reaction? Do you plan to stick with the company or start shopping around for something new?
- It’s 2011, and newspapers still don’t “get” the Internet.
- Why is the Earth so angry?
- How do you remove stickers from your laptop?
- How can you find missing album artwork and information in iTunes?
- ISPs are lashing out at YouTube and Netflix.
- Would you like to captain your own space ship?
- If you were in charge of the world, what would be your Ten Commandments?
- Could the Mac App Store turn you into a millionaire?
- What could possibly go beyond Grey’s Anatomy?
- Quickly search through YouTube videos using Chrome’s address bar.
- Which gender is your computer?
- How do you make your iPhone 4 work with Ubuntu?
- If you’re someone who wishes to post Tweets longer than 140 characters, check out what TweetDeck is doing.
- Can you replace the screen on your laptop?
- What happens when Apple runs out of cats?!
- Fake Adobe CS5 ads are being sent out disguised as official messages from Apple.
- How do you know when it’s time to switch operating systems?
- Are video games REALLY to blame for many of society’s problems?
- How do you manage your receipts?
- Keep your privacy practices simple.
- A NY State Senator broke his leg at a constuction site and sued the builder and homeowner.
- Intel has begun a massive recall of products.
- Which file manager do you prefer?
- How is it possible that we are running out of Internet addresses?
- Dead Space for iOS immerses you in pure tablet gaming horror.
- Would it make sense to bundle your Internet, home phone, electricity and cell phone bills together?
- Have we been looking at the wrong side of the energy equation?
Don’t forget to stop by our software center to check out today’s hot deals.