A report released today says that about 44% of Google users simply skim through news headlines, and never click through to read the full stories. The report goes on to predict the continuing decline of print news in favor of being able to get it online. This doesn’t come as much surprise to me – or anyone else, really.
However, I don’t agree that that many people never bother to click through. Sure, I scan headlines, much like the rest of you. However, if something catches my eye then I cannot stop with just a few sentences in a Google search. I have to click through and read the rest of the article. I have a feeling most of you are the same way. The article states that 2,787 US news consumers were polled. That’s fine… but who did they poll? How do we know that very tiny number of the population truly represents us all? I don’t agree that they possibly could.
What are your thoughts? Do you turn to the Internet for your news? Do you scan and go, or click and read? What other sites do you enjoy reading articles on, to find out what’s happening in the World around you?
- What are the security implications found with Web 2.0?
- Bing is not Big Brother.
- Dark Void is blasting off today!
- Microsoft Issues Security Advisory For I.E. – Cites China’s Attack Against Google.
- Would an Apple tablet bring down all other tablets?
- It’s an easy matter to remove animations from a PowerPoint presentation.
- What role do you think robotics will play in the coming year?
- What would happen if California was separated into more than one state?
- What factors contributed to the devastation in Haiti?
- Minimize your risk of loss when creating – or removing – partitions.
- If the rumors are true, you’ll soon be able to upload and attach files to your Google Docs!
- What do Geeks wear?
- Do you need memory? Help may be on the way.
- Google tells China that there will be no cell phone launch until the other issues are settled.
- What does the Windows 7 Action Center track?
- Do you need an underground guide to the iPhone?
Don’t forget to check out our software download center to see what great deals on software we have for you today!