According to an interview pop icon Prince gave to the U.K. tabloid The Daily Mirror, the Internet is “over.” He further claims that the Internet will go the route of MTV: once hip but now a thing to be forgotten. He feels that technology gadgets and gizmos can’t be “good” for us because they fill our head with numbers. Some people speculate that the eclectic star has gone a little further off his rocker. However, I am pretty sure there’s something else at play here.
Prince stated during the interview that “”I don’t see why I should give my new music to iTunes or anyone else. They won’t pay me an advance for it and then they get angry when they can’t get it.” He has disallowed the use of his music on both iTunes and YouTube. He has also pulled his website offline. This sounds to me more like a temper tantrum because he won’t receive monies in advance than it does a true declaration of the state of the Internet.
- Did the iOS 4 update kill your older generation iPhone?
- Are you proud to be a nerd?
- How does your actual Internet speed stack up to what is advertised?
- Are you using programs that eschew the best practices for security?
- How do you control your anger?
- Is genetically modified food good for you?
- Hackers love to attack hotel databases to get your information.
- Just how bad IS the economy in the United States?
- Is it safe to leave your iPad or notebook plugged in all of the time?
- Have you ever needed a vacation from technology?
- Are there any antivirus programs made specifically for Ubuntu?
- Do you feel that motion-controlled gaming devices are too expensive for what you’re getting?
- iPhone trade-ins are skyrocketing.
- Could an airplane be standing room only?
- Is AMD Fusion the future of GPUs and CPUs?
- Bluetooth 4.0 hits the ground running.
- What’s the best method of prolonging battery life in your notebook or Macbook?
- Facebook security – how secure is it?
- How did Apple deal with the holiday fraud in iTunes?
- Will we see a desktop update in the Mac line?
- Should banks be allowed to send pre-activated credit cards through the mail?
- How do you put your old computers to good use?
Don’t worry. The Internet isn’t going anywhere. You can still download the latest software and apps at any time.