It’s time to stand up and stretch. Get out of those chairs. Come on – you can do it. Stand up, and reach your arms above your head as high as they will go. Now bend over, and attempt to touch the ground (don’t worry, I can’t quite do that, either). Hold your arms out to your sides and stretch them wide. Heck, why not even twist a little to each side, much like a tree swaying in the breeze.
You have now successfully stretched out your body… but have you stretched your mind? I just stumped some of you, didn’t I? You thought for a second “what the heck, there are no exercises for that!”.
Ah, but that is where you would be wrong, my friends. Every time you read something, you stretch your mind. Every time you think a decision through, you stretch your mind. Every time you look at something through someone else’s eyes, you stretch your mind. Every tiny spec of information you absorb… you get the picture.
Many times, we don’t even realize that we have stretched our minds. We are so rushed through our day that much of what we have seen and done hasn’t even sunk in or made an impression by the time we pass out at night. It’s often much later, when a situation arises that forces us to recall certain pieces of information, when we realize “oh. wow. I knew that/learned that/remember that”. We forget to take the time to stop and marvel at everything that is out there, waiting for us to feast our brain on.
Spread your wings, little birds. Fly beyond your own nests and find those juicy little morsels that will feed and stretch your mind and soul.
- A University of Houston team is revealing the secrets of electricity.
- Protect your digital information with the coming of the new school year.
- If you believe everything the CEO of Yahoo has to say, then life is indeed wonderful.
- Some people are waiting with baited breath for Apple’s Kindle killer.
- Microsoft and Yahoo – will market share be enough?
- Do you Bing-Hoo?
- How do you keep your notebook secure when traveling?
- Many of us name our computers – but do you name your gadgets, too?
- Be aware of the newest domain-name “appraisal” scam that is circulating.
- Will Linux top Windows 7?