This is Cessna154′s submission for the HP Magic Giveaway. Feel free to leave comments for this article as you see fit – your feedback is certainly welcomed! If you’d like to submit your own how-to, what-is, or top-five list, you can send it to me. Views and opinions of this writer are not necessarily my own:
As the Holiday season approaches at a rapid pace, I feel a sense of “Santa” in me. The world’s economies are in pain, and the citizens of the world are feeling that pain even more. I feel this giveaway should not be about just one person winning several computers, but several people receiving a gift they least expect. In truth, this giveaway should reach the far edges of the globe, and not just those who are fortunate enough to have the ability to learn of it. If I win, I promise to give every single piece of my winnings to more deserving people. My top five reasons, in countdown order, for this conclusion are as follows:
- While having several new pieces of hardware would be exciting, I just do not have the need for any of them. Many of us get lost in emotions of wanting more, but the truth we need to hear and feel could not be more opposite.
- The holiday season has lost its meaning in many ways. For some people it seems they just want to have a form of bragging rights after exchanging gifts. I’d rather bring a few surprises to people who I feel should each be able to experience something special this holiday season.
- Seriously, I do not want to pay the electricity bill for operating all these new gadgets! Plus, I have very little room for all these new computers.
- Even though we each are feeling pain in our wallets this season, we should still make efforts to give back to our neighbors, family, and the rest of the world. While it might seem like we have it rough right now, there are others who have it far worse. We are fortunate to even have a chance to receive a gift for free, and it would be even better to giveaway a gift this holiday season.
- Finally, I am ashamed that this giveaway is even being held in the first place. HP should know that it is not about giving to a few lucky winners. Look at it this way; instead of funding these large giveaways, they could have easily given a school several, if not hundreds, of new computers.
While I am quite sure some of you will believe this is a complete gimmick on my part to win, I can ensure you that this adult will not make a childish decision. I do promise to give these gifts to those who need them more than I ever will. If I do not win, I seriously press the winner to question whether they really need everything that they won. Can we all just agree now to giveaway part of the winnings? Have we all forgotten what it is like to give someone who is less fortunate a gift? In the end, it is not the computer hardware and software we would be giving away, but instead a sense of caring and love.
I hope we can all co me together this holiday season and spread the holiday cheer.