At a time when privacy seems like a myth as elusive as the fire-breathing thylacine or the sincere politician, identity theft is one of the fastest-growing crimes of the 21st century. Here are a few sobering statistics from a 2012 US Bureau of Justice study:
- Approximately 7 percent of people over the age of 15 were identity theft victims.
- In 85 percent of these incidents, already-existing information was used fraudulently (such as banking and credit card numbers).
- While over half of identity theft victims were able to resolve associated problems in a day or less, 29% weren’t quite so lucky and spent a month or more trying to get life back to normal.
- Aside from the expected financial and credit problems associated with identity theft, severe emotional distress and relationship problems often follow.
And that’s just looking at the problem on an individual level. When a company might literally have tons of documentation languishing in storage rooms for years for lack of a safe way to dispose of it all, the consequences of information theft are even higher. Can you trust the army of temps or vindictive ex-employees who have circulated through your office over the course of the last decade? You just never know.
But you don’t have to be a master of espionage with a license to kill (or at least fire) in order to keep your company’s valuable information secret and safe; you just need a Fellowes AutoMax 300C (300-sheet, 16-gallon capacity and 30-minute run time) or a Fellowes AutoMax 500C (500-sheet, 20-gallon capacity and continuous run time).
What’s so Special about the Fellowes AutoMax Line of Shredders?
You might be wondering what the heck is so special about the Fellowes AutoMax line of shredders that makes it better than any other run-of-the-mill shredder on the market, and that’s a fair question. Rather than giving you one answer, I’ll give you several:
- Without having to prepare documents for shredding, the AutoMax’s Surefeed technology lets you throw up to 20 gallons of paper, staples, paper clips, glossy paper, double-sided color printed paper, crumpled paper, junk mail, multiple sheets folded over, and even DVDs, CDs, and credit cards in its bin, press a button, and leave it to do its job while you go do whatever it is that you humans do.
- The JamGuard system is smart enough to refrain from biting off more than it can chew. You can walk away and trust that it’ll shred whatever you’ve put in its bin without choking and stopping every three minutes. When the AutoMax stops, it’s because it’s done with what you’ve given it and it’s ready for more! More!
- Remember those pesky temps and vindictive ex-employees we mentioned above? The AutoMax has a SmartLock that allows only those you trust to access its hungry bin. Unauthorized personnel will have to do their snooping elsewhere!
- In the belly of a Fellowes AutoMax, nobody can hear your documents scream. SilentShred keeps the potentially sizable din of shredding and mangling documents to a minimum so your officemates don’t have to endure loud noises!
- And if SilentShred is still not silent enough for the liking of some of your more hearing-sensitive employees, the AutoMax has the ability to be programmed for a Delayed Start when nobody’s around.
- Sleep Mode saves energy by shutting the AutoMax down after two minutes of inactivity.
- Intuitive touch screen technology with back-lit LEDs ensures that nobody in your office has to spend hours learning how to use the thing. If you can reload a copy machine, you can operate the AutoMax.
If your company usually uses a shredding service to cut costs, you might want to consider the Fellowes AutoMax as a better option. Not only is it safer from a security standpoint to keep your shredding operations in house, but it’s actually quite a bit cheaper. Over the course of three years, an AutoMax 300C will save you about 55% of the cost of hiring a shredding service. That’s just smart business.
But you don’t have to take my word for it. Have a look at the ways that the Fellowes AutoMax line of shredders will make your business operate more securely and efficiently!