James Tison had a major freak-out not long ago:
I accidentally deleted photos from my camera, how can I recover them? Help!!!
Calm down, young grasshopper! All is not lost – hopefully! The first thing you need to know is DO NOT USE THE MEMORY CARD at all until you’ve recovered your photos!
The most important thing to do is to never write to the card after you deleted the picture you want back. The more you write to it, the more chances there are that it will write over the picture, thus making it even harder to get back.
There are a couple of different things you can do to try and recover your photos. One is to use Tune-Up Utilities. The other is as follows:
- Download Undelete Plus from Snapfiles.
- Extract and run Undelete Plus. Choose the drive letter for your SD card and click “Start Scan.”
- Select the deleted files you wish to restore from the SD card and click “Start Undelete.”
- Close Undelete Plus and navigate to My Computer to open up the SD card drive letter folder.
- Verify that the deleted files have been recovered.
Keep in mind that I personally have never had to use this method or software. However, the reviews I read were great and this utility seemed to work really well!
What about all of YOU out there? How have you managed to recover deleted photos?