- Photo quality in certain shots was outstanding
- Default camera app is insanely configurable, stellar
- Surprisingly, this is running the latest version of Android
- Screen is vibrant and crisp
- Back plate is swappable for another style
- Battery swapping & SD card slot are a unique feature in flagships now
- UI ethos intermingling with stock Android isn’t terribly jarring
- The LG branding / logo on the front
- Positions of buttons not “normal” (a crimp in my muscle memory)
- All of LG’s modifications cannot be removed
- Virtually impossible to use single-handedly
- Any degree of default app duplication (Gallery)
- Software button operation UX confusion (again, Gallery)
- LG app updates handled independent of Google Play
Who do I think this is for?
- Someone looking for a best-in-class smartphone camera
- Someone who wants a mid-sized pocket computer
- Someone who is ready to move on from their existing Android phone
Who do I think this isn’t for?
- Anybody who doesn’t like any degree of default OS modifications
- Anybody who does not value the camera in their smartphone
- Anybody who does not value removable battery, SD card slot
My patrons were given priority attention in the construction of this review and the videos produced around it.