Most of us are impatient creatures. We want to know what’s happening, where it’s happening – right when it’s happening. New YouTube videos are no exception to these rules. We crave the hottest content and we are pretty ticked off when we miss out. How much do you hate seeing the newest fad a day after all of your network has already replayed it a dozen times? YouTube has an answer for you – Trends.
YouTube Trends, put simply, is a destination for daily insight into the zeitgeist of the world’s largest video site. With the new service, you’ll find algorithmically-generated feeds that highlight trending videos and topics. On the home page, you’ll receive a twice-daily collection of videos called “4 at 4” drawn from those feeds and from top video curation sites around the web. You’ll find a blog with more in-depth and contextual explorations of videos, trends, and cultural phenomenon as seen through the lens of YouTube, using YouTube’s own internal data. Last – but certainly not least – you’ll find a brand new dashboard that allows you to quickly explore what’s popular in different cities in the United States and in countries around the world, as well as within specific demographic sets.
According to the official announcement on the YouTube blog: “We see YouTube as a way to not just be entertained and informed, but also as place that can help us understand more about the world we live in and the people we live in it with. And that’s what YouTube Trends is all about.”
Will you be making use of the new Trends?
- How can you retrieve your contacts from an HTC Touch?
- Are you fighting for your eyeballs?
- What type of earbuds do you prefer?
- Do you know how to stop Firesheep?
- Do you use those two monitors effectively?
- How do you plan to maximize your tax refund?
- What is one thing you learned today?
- Turn your iPad into the best remote control ever!
- Is the Internet as popular (or more so?) as television?
- What types of holiday ornaments do geeks prefer?
- How do you filter your junk mail?
- How can social media impact medical professionals?
- Making food for your dog right in your home is usually healthier (and less expensive) than buying from a store.
- Do you have any expectations for the holidays?
- What is your favorite USB device?
- Take a screenshot with your Android device.
- How much attention did you pay to the Gawker fiasco today?
- Do you want to make your Windows install look more like OS X?
- Should Twitter sell out to Microsoft or another large company?
- Go Green by emulating Green.
- Is using the term “Cloud” supposed to allay the fears of those with privacy concerns?
- To ponder or not to ponder – it’s kinda up in the air for now.
- Dear Snow Leopard – stop being so slow!
- It’s 10pm – where’s your password?
- Have you ever built your own website?
- Which Droid app is your favorite?
- Do you answer the phone when a stranger calls?
Don’t forget to stop by our software site for all of your program needs.