Many of us have more than one email account. If you’re like me, you use one for business, and another address entirely for personal stuff. Often, our Inbox becomes so overloaded that we simply cannot keep up. If this is the business side of things, not getting through it all could be disastrous. For this reason, Gmail has introduced a simple way to delegate your email to others.
To grant access to another account, click the Settings link in the top right corner of Gmail. On the “Accounts” tab, you’ll see a new section where you can “Grant access to your account.” The account you add will get a verification email with links to accept or deny access. Once the account accepts, a small down arrow will appear beside the email address at the top right corner of Gmail which can be used to toggle between accounts. Each account will open in a separate tab or window to help keep things simple and smooth.
What a great way to share the work load. Will you be taking advantage of Gmail delegation?
- Dear companies: We only want one thing from you… make your product and/or service WORK. That’s all.
- I know you want a DIY Steve Jobs holiday ornament, right?
- Does technology isolate or unite us?
- What would prompt a bride to sue her groom for a hundred thousand bucks?
- iTunes is giving away songs for the holidays.
- Should law enforcement officers be allowed to curse at the people they serve?
- Prevent those spyware drive-by downloads.
- Are you protecting your privacy online?
- Why would a USB headset work with Windows but not on a Mac?
- Will Google’s Chrome OS perish before the end of 2011?
- Are you a fan of netbooks?
- Is it legal to create a remix of your favorite song?
- Why in the heck did some idiot shoot himself in the leg at a McDonald’s?
- Do you record your instant messenger conversations?
- How does Facebook manage hundreds of millions of accounts?
- Google Voice now supports iPod touch and iPad.
- Are you using good SEO practices when you comment on someone’s blog?
- The Salvation Army has gotten with the times. Will you give more now?
- Is it possible to get more done when your laptop is broken?
- Keep your pups happy with homemade doggie treats.
- Could the Chernobyl bomb site be a place to make vacation memories?
Don’t forget to stop by our software center to see what’s new today.