Halo: Reach is finally here! I was one of the lucky few to receive an advance copy of the game to try out. I have to say – it’s pretty amazing! I fired up my Xbox 360 over the weekend and gave the game my best effort. Keep in mind, I’m NOT a gamer by any stretch of the imagination. However, the graphics and overall game play on this version of the popular series is nothing short of fantastic.
Halo: Reach is considered to be the prequel to the entire Halo series. It tells the story of Noble Team – a group of Spartans – who saved numerous lives against impossible odds. The planet Reach is humanity’s last line of defense between the Covenant and their goal of destroying the Earth. If they fail, humanity will be perched on the brink of destruction.
Top features of the game include:
- Welcome to Noble Team. – Halo: Reach immerses you in the ominous and heroic story as you play a member of Noble Team. Each member has deadly talents as unique as their individual personality and customized gear.
- Intense and Epic Campaign. – Live the events that set the stage for the entire Halo trilogy as the UNSC and Covenant clas at the height of their military power. New weapons, vehicles and abilities compliment the familiar Halo arsenal. Wage the biggest battles ever witnessed inside of the Halo universe.
- Definitive Multiplayer Experience. – The Halo series has set the gold standard for multiplayer experience with this iteration of the game. There are new social settings for matchmaking. This helps you find like-minded teammates, vote on preferred maps and keep an active roster. There are also new multiplayer game modes, such as “Invasion” and “Arena” to offer competitive players a chance to show off their uber skills like never before.
- Technical Advancements. – Halo: Reach takes a huge leap forward with an all-new type of engine technology. Power your way through massive scale combat across unthinkable environments. Fight up close and personal alongside several new characters and creatures. The new engine represents the next generation of art, studio, AI, animation and special effects.
- Player Customization and Rewards. – Halo: Reach gives you the ability to customize your Spartan with a variety of armor accessories. These will appear in both multiplayer and campaign play. You’ll be rewarded for nearly everything you do, no matter what your style of play is. Earn credits to unlock additional cosmetic upgrades via the Armory.
There are two special editions of the game. Both include collectible items and special in-game content.
- Halo: Reach Limited Edition – This edition includes a game disc housed in recovered ONI black box. It features an exclusive Elite armor set for use in multiplayer modes. You’ll also find an artifact bag containing Dr. Halsey’s personal journal and other classified documents which unravel long-held secrets from around the Halo universe.
- Halo:Reach Legendary Edition – This is the complete Halo: Reach collection. You’ll find the game disc, a manual and the contents listed above for the Limited Edition. Also, you’ll enjoy a Noble Team statue crafted by artisans at McFarlane Toys. There’s also an exclusive multiplayer Spartan armor effect.
By every stretch of the imagination, Halo: Reach is sure to be a huge hit for Microsoft and Bungie Games. More than 2.7 million players participated in the “Halo: Reach” multiplayer beta in May, making it the largest console video game beta test on record and more than triple the size of the historic “Halo 3” beta.
Are you anxious for the release of Halo: Reach tomorrow? Have you already gotten a copy in your hot little hands?