Parallels 6 is being released on September 14th to much fanfare and blowing of Vevuzelas. Wait… I’m still hearing echoes of those in my head. Real Networks was a sponsor during Gnomedex a few weeks ago, and they were kind enough to give one of those lovely little noisemakers to each conference attendee. The Parallels team was also on hand, giving away one heck of a lot of software to every person in Bell Harbor.
This new version has more than 80 new and improved features, including a speed increase over the last version of about 40%! Some of the new features you will be salivating over include:
- A 64-bit engine to take advantage of the Mac’s power.
- 5.1 surround sound which lets you immerse yourself completely in games, music, videos and movies.
- Capability to extend Mac OS X Parental Controls to your Windows applications.
- Use your OS X keyboard shortcuts to make all Windows programs work the way YOU want them to.
- Choose how much Mac and Windows you want with simple profiles each time you set up a new virtual machine.
Some of the enhancements and improvements are significant, as well:
- Find your Windows programs faster with Spotlight integration.
- This version allows you to launch Windows 2.5 times faster than any other solution.
- Enhanced 3D graphics are better by far than older versions.
- Enjoy better control by managing Windows through Spaces and Expose.
- There is much-improved network, hard drive and Transporter performance.
Are you looking forward to upgrading your version of Parallels?