Tomorrow morning I will be jumping out of an airplane while I’m in Texas. I’m here to speak at and attend OpenCamp, put on by Cali Lewis. When I was asked if I would consider jumping out of an airplane from a gazillion miles high up in the air, my first thought was a very loud HELL NO. I am, after all, not so fond of heights. Flying on a trapeze the other day during the Gnomedex wrap party nearly gave me heart failure.
So why am I doing it? It’s simple: I need to face my fears head-on. Nike says we should “Just Do It!” I’m going to do exactly that. I will slap on the funky goggles, grab a parachute, close my eyes and scream like a girl all the way down. I’ve heard that even if you’re afraid it’s still the biggest rush of adrenaline you could ever imagine. I’m counting on that.
How have you managed to overcome a fear?
- Calling all Gmail users – seriously, you can CALL them now!
- What is Social Registration, and do you need to worry about it?
- What tech books do you recommend for a new techie?
- Profits are way down at Lexmark. I wonder why?
- How do you minimize the risk of attacks in web applications?
- Making meatloaf using turkey is healthier and more economical.
- How do you protect your home from summertime burglars?
- Are you a Windows 7 Media Center guru?
- Have you gotten your hands on a Droid 2 yet?
- Opera has had tab grouping for a long time – who knew?
- Why is making your own choices more satisfying when pleasure is the goal?
- Do celebrities have to protect themselves against Identity Theft?
- Is there anything that you cannot go even one day without thinking about?
- Atari and Cryptic Studios have announced that Neverwinter is coming in 2011 for the PC.
- Does the food you buy at fast food establishments match what they advertise?
- Are you a fan of gamepad keyboards?
- What is the most effective way to stop smoking?
- Opera is getting a unified numbering scheme, and a huge bug fix.
- Apple continues their iron grip on iPhone and iPad users – no jailbreaking allowed.
- Do you admit to using Internet Explorer?
- How do you turn a VHS tape into a DVD?
- Are you an iPhone CHOMP user?
- The Old Spice Guy ad campaign won an Emmy!
- What causes the Xbox 360 Red Ring of Death, anyway?
- How do you figure out what it is you’re really GOOD at?
- When you’re mad at your boss, do you know what NOT to do?
- Whatever happened to manners?
- Which note-taking app do you use on the iPad?
- Will Google Voice kill off other types of VoIP applications?
- A new social gifting service lets you send real drinks to your friends.
There’s nothing to fear on our software site. It’s a quick and painless process when you’re looking for the hottest new software and apps for all of your machines.