EA Mobile has officially announced their upcoming late-summer lineup of new game offerings. Since the iPhone was first released, EA Mobile has been one of the leading players in the gaming apps field. Popular games from the company have included Scrabble, Tetris, Monopoly and Battleship. In 2009, their game The Sims 3 was the #1 best-selling game on the app store.
Following are nine of the new games that you can expect to see hitting iTunes in the near future:
- MADDEN NFL 11 – This game will be available for the iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch. This is considered to be the most authentic NFL game in the app store. This iteration is purported to be even better than before! In Madden NFL 11, fans and gamers will be able to play BOTH sides of the ball using Total Defensive Control. You’ll enjoy less time in the playbook and more time on the field with the new GameFlow feature. You can now draw Hot Routes everywhere which literally draws a player’s movements on the field pre-snap. This creates the play YOU want to run. This game is slated to be released this fall.
- Reckless Racing – Reckless Racing will be released for the iPhone and iPad. The game features roaring engines, squealing tires and amazing graphics. It mixes top-down racing game play with engaging multiplayer features. The balanced controls let you skid, slip and slide through some gorgeous tracks. It features a fully-stocked multiplayer mode, online leaderboards and the ability to trade “ghost races” with other players from anywhere in the world. Reckless Racing will hit the streets soon.
- Need for Speed™ Nitro-X – This new iteration of the popular game is coming to the Nintendo DSi. This arcade racing game features stylized cars and thrilling racing environments. Players will experience original Need For Speed Nitro fun with some new and unique features including 18 licensed cars and police units, custom tags for in-game use with your DSi camera, 16 updated tracks from all six original Nitro locations, career mode and new rewards. The game is scheduled to be released later this summer.
- NCAA® Football − This game is slated for the iPhone 4 and iOS3.x. This is the first game by EA Mobile designed specifically for the iPhone 4. It takes awesome advantage of the phone’s new Retina display. Players can choose from 55 of the most popular colleges or create a new one. Lead them all the way to victory in the BCS National Championship. Multiplayer rivalries with head-to-head play and broadcast commentary from Lee Corso and Kirk Herbstreit bring more intensity to the gaming experience. Rules and plays reflecting the actual NCAA Division 1 experience. It’s available now through the app store!
- SimCity™ Deluxe – This game created for the iPhone and iPod Touch allows you to build and manage your dream city. It’s designed to be enjoyed by either casual fans or those of you who are hard-core Sims fanatics. You’ll find easier controls, optimized performance, improved graphics, starter cities and new scenarios. SimCity Deluxe will be available later this summer.
- The Sims 3 Ambitions – The Sims 3 Amibition is coming to the iPhone and iPod Touch this summer. It has all of the fun, customization and social interaction of the entire Sims franchise. Players can now pursue their Sims’ passions and turn them into professions! In the game, players decide whether their Sim will be a town hero or cause trouble amongst their neighbors. Their future is entirely in your hands.
- YAHTZEE™ – YAHTZEE for the iPad hits the app store in just a few weeks. The big iPad screen and touch interface make gameplay on the device simple. Shake the cup to roll your dice, select the ones you want to hold and keep score with tap controls. There are four different gameplay modes including the iPad-exclusive “Duplicate Rainbow Mode”. You can become a YAHTZEE adventurer and take on in-game characters designed to test your skills. Not only can you play alone… you can also choose Pass ‘n Play for up to four people. Post your scores and issue challenges to your family and friends.
- RISK – Enjoy the real RISK experience later this summer for your iPhone or iPod Touch. You’ll pursue world domination with this original game of strategic conquest. Mobilize yourself against realistic AI adversaries or challenge up to six opponents.
- R-Type – R-Type puts the ’80s video-arcade game experience back into the palm of your hands this summer, only on the iPhone or iPod Touch. Players will Blast off and strike the evil Bydo Empire, pilot an R-9a “Arrowhead” fighter and attack wave after wave of Bydo bad dudes in this old-school style shooter game. R-Type includes original game features such as having eight unique levels – each with eight different bosses.
What other must-have games do you recommend for mobile platforms?