The new Motorola Droid 2 is rumored to be launching on August 12th. All of you who are robot-loving Star Wars fanatics will want to pay close attention to this. According to a source at Engadget, the sequel to the original Droid iteration will not only have Froyo loaded at launch – it will have an optional R2-D2 special edition logo on the back! To those of you who are now salivating, I KNOW it sounds too good to be true. However, several reputable (and some not so much so) blogs are now reporting on this little piece of news. We’ll see in the near future how true it really is!
Remember, Verizon and Motorola had to license the Droid name from Lucas Films in order to use it for the Android device. Thus, it appears as though the Droid line is heading back to its Star Wars roots. What do you think? Will we see the beloved robot on the backs of phones everywhere anytime soon?
- It’s time to stop complaining and actually DO something.
- Do you need a guide to use your digital camera?
- What is the best method of completely erasing a hard drive?
- Isn’t life strange? (It is in the world of computers!)
- Is Microsoft Security Essentials really the best application of its type?
- Will you buying a new iGift for your wife?
- Outside of computers, what is your biggest hobby?
- A universal virtual study proves an 80 year-old theory about how humans interact.
- Sometimes it’s okay to be completely out of it.
- Do you know how to create video formats which will work on your iPad?
- If you were to go back in time and take only ONE thing from the present with you to show off, what would that be?
- When climate change becomes a health issue, will people be more likely to listen to advice given?
- Could Redbox be competing with Netflix?
- What is the best gift you have ever received?
- What causes the value of technology to drop so quickly?
- Will eBooks eventually replace printed books entirely?
- Do Americans tend to watch much television programming that comes from other countries?
- Do all generic versions of foods measure up to the brand names?
- If you have a Google AdSense account, do NOT ask friends and family to click your links.
- Will you be purchasing a new .CO web domain today?
- What happens when your computer will not recognize newly-installed RAM?
- Prolonged mobile phone use may be linked to Tinnitus.
- Will we soon be seeing the return of the great American station wagon?
- Have you ever wished you had more time to pay your bills?
You won’t find R2 in our software center. You WILL find the latest and greatest software and apps for all of your devices.