Sprint launched 4G service in seven new markets today, bringing the current total to 43. The company predicts that large markets such as Los Angeles and New York will see the same service before the end of this year. However, there aren’t any phones to be had anywhere. The only available 4G phone (as of the writing of this post) is the HTC EVO 4G. Sadly, HTC cannot begin to keep up with demand due to parts shortages.
The EVO accesses the web over 4G and can also share the WiMAX connection with other devices… for a fee. With capabilities such as this, the phone is the flagship for Sprint’s next-generation network. If the phone isn’t available, though, how much of a crimp does that put into Sprint’s timetable and plans? HTC says that they have contracted with additional suppliers to ratchet up EVO production. Let’s hope this is the case, and that we’ll see EVOs back on the shelves in the near future.
- Is FireWire a continuing standard, or a glowing ember?
- Hackers play “Social Engineering Capture the Flag” at Defcon.
- If mushrooms could make you taller, would you eat them?
- Google announces a DIY app creator.
- How do you keep your kids safe online?
- When working on a friend or family member’s computer, how do you decide when or if you should charge money?
- Is Pahrump, Nevada really the laughingstock of the entire known Universe?
- Are you a fan of Civilization?
- Headphones vs earbuds – how do you decide which is right for you?
- Everyone needs protection, including your Macbook.
- Does your life revolve TOO much around the Internet?
- What is the best way to begin learning how to program?
- Consumer Reports gives a huge thumbs-down to the iPhone 4.
- Are you an HP Pavilion fan?
- Do you have a “normal” sleep schedule?
- Does anyone believe that a panic button for Facebook is even necessary?
- Hello. My name is Chris and I’m a multi-monitor addict.
- What is the best part of the community for you?
- The digital divide that spans across three generations isn’t as bad as you might think.
- Is a gaming keyboard really necessary to enhance your play experience?
- Is there anywhere you can go to sell gently-used hardware?
There is no shortage of software and apps in our downloads center. You’ll always find exactly what you’re looking for.