Many of you in the community are as addicted to gadgets and gizmos as I am. The habit can be extremely expensive, and we often scratch our heads trying to figure out if we can afford the latest toys. With companies competing harder than ever to have the latest and greatest, it’s no wonder we’re all ending up deeper and deeper in the financial black hole. I noticed someone on Geeks asking this very question, and I decided to try and open it up for more communication here.
How do you pay for your Geeky gadgets? Are you one of the lucky few who make a lot of money and have very few bills to pay? Do you swipe your credit card time and again, racking up even more debt just to have the hottest toy on the block? Or are you someone who recycles or sells your “outdated” gizmos in order to fund the purchase of newer models?
Cell phones, MP3 players and other toys are causing consumers to fork over millions of dollars each year. I can’t help but wonder what happens to all of the old devices we decide we no longer want. Where do yours go?
- Do security suites really work?
- You can search the Internet with the Start menu search in Windows 7.
- AT&T is still lagging behind due to dropped call ratings.
- What thoughts did you come away from the VMWare user conference with?
- EA Sports games are turning into pay-for-play options.
- What USB camera is your favorite?
- Should websites who post song lyrics be required to pay royalties?
- Should everyone learn to be a hacker?
- Have you tried out Peppermint yet?
- Make your own custom home pages.
- Sobees for Facebook is free for a limited time.
- Steel bars on windows can hamper a rescue in the event of a house fire.
- Is Cloud computing as safe as we think it is?
- Are open source offerings better than any alternatives on the market?
- Google and Verizon will be releasing their own tablet device.
- Samsung is organizing what could turn out to be the World’s largest-ever game of Dodgeball.
- Do publishers back Google?
- What commercials have been banned from television airways?
- Why is the CEO of Mozilla stepping down?
- Apple is addressing the iPad Wi-Fi issue with a software update.
- What is your most memorable childhood moment?
- How do you extend the battery in your smartphone?
You won’t have to spend a fortune to get the hottest new software and apps for your machines and devices. We have combed the Internet to find the best deals available for you.