If you are an Apple fan, nothing would be worse than hooking up with the “perfect” person – only to discover that they are a Windows user. That is likely the biggest deal-breaker of all. Thanks to new service Cupidtino, you’ll never have to worry about this again. The site promises to bring Apple fan-boys and girls together in a relationship nearly guaranteed to last:
Die-hard Mac & Apple fans often have a lot in common – personalities, creative professions, a similar sense of style and aesthetics, and of course a love for technology. We believe these are enough reasons for two people to meet and fall in love, and so we created the first Mac-inspired dating site to help you find other Machearts around you.
This may sound like some sort of weird scam, but it’s very real. The site is set to go live sometime in June, but you can sign up to beta-test it now. I’ve read a lot of commentary about this studly service today, but none of them sum it up better than Mike over at TechCrunch when he said that “Apple fans can be annoying when they’re on their own. The thought of them breeding and creating little Apple fans, a whole family of hard core hipster Apple lovers, is just not a good thing. On the other hand, making sure that Apple fans only date other Apple fans is a good way of stopping them from spreading their Apple fan genes to the general population, I guess. So maybe this site isn’t all bad.”
My only question now is: How soon will we see a Windows-only (and Linux-only) dating site? Which of you are going to step up and start it?
- Will the real terrorist on Facebook please stand up?
- ATM card skimming has grown by five times last year’s number.
- How stable is Windows 7?
- Brick Move for the iPhone reminds me of my favorite game of all time.
- Is Linux a religious experience?
- What software would you recommend to limit computer usage?
- The new IE 9 developer platform is available for review.
- What do you use to do web design on your Mac?
- Would you friend your parents on social networking sites?
- How can you be a healthy Geek?
- How do you recover your wireless network key?
- How do you scrape up the money to pay for all of your Geeky gadgets?
- Consumers still act like dummies online and share too much information.
- Exactly how does sunlight put a spring in your step?
Love of one platform or another is not required to grab some of the latest software and apps for your devices. We welcome all people!