Our good friends over at CNET recently had the misfortune of having the screen on their gorgeous Nexus One review unit crack for no apparent reason. The phone was sent to the folks at HTC Support to be tested and looked at. The result was a flippant “We’re as mystified as you are”. The support personnel contend that there is no way the screen could crack in the manner it did while it wasn’t being handled. They were also quick to point out that the device isn’t meant to slip into someone’s pants pockets, as that would surely damage it.
How many of you throw your phone in your pocket or handbag? I am willing to bet about 90% of you have your hand up right now. Do these companies really expect we’re going to gently hold our phone in our hand at all times, babying it as though it were a living being? That is just absurd. We put it in our pocket! Women stuff them in their purses or bags or whatever the heck that contraption is that they carry at all times.
Is it just me, or should a phone be made well enough that it can stand up to being carried in my jeans pocket?! Who’s with me??
- Is Microsoft shooting arrows in the dark?
- What are your thoughts on the Activision and Infinity Ward ordeal?
- Is Windows Live Essentials a good fit for everyone?
- Chatroulette is more than just a random success.
- Google Earth cannot locate America.
- Atheists on a Texas college campus want people to turn over their Bibles in exchange for adult content.
- Do you agree with the sentiment that Microsoft is no longer a leader?