Guess what? Internet Addiction Might Actually Get Recognized By The Official Book Of Mental Disorders. I thought I’d compile a quick list that you might use to better diagnose yourself as a possible
crazy person mental patient.
You might be addicted to the Internet if…
- You check your email more frequently than you blink.
- You tweet important life moments before telling your family.
- You end every sentence with the words “dot com.”
- You use acronyms like “LOL” and “WTF” in real-life conversations.
- You hashtag handwritten notes.
- You invited Google to a sleepover.
- You refuse to stay at a hotel that charges for WiFi.
- You demand that people email you when they listen to your voicemail greeting.
- You think the word “flicker” is misspelled.
- You prefer reading “top ten” lists on blogs compared to late night TV.
Am I missing any symptoms?
- You get frustrated because you can’t “like” things you hear on the radio.
- You think you should be subsidized by the government for not playing Farmville.
- You believe you have real political power from being the Mayor of your local Starbucks.