I recently glanced through a forum post on Geeks, where the poster was a woman talking about how Geeks are usually mean to her. She admits that she isn’t a technology Geek. While she does enjoy things like her MP3 player and cell phone, she’s not very knowledgeable about the products, nor how they work. She has felt ostracized many times over the past months in different communities, after being called a n00b – or worse!
We aren’t mean, are we? Sure, we don’t have many social skills, but overall I like to think we’re nicer than most people. Sure, you’re going to get trolls, idiots and jerks. But that happens no matter where you go. I don’t think that Geeks have it in us to be flat-out mean to people!
Am I way off base here? Have you ever felt as though a Geek treated you badly in a social situation? Share your wisdom with the rest of us!
- Why aren’t academic achievements highlighted as much as sports in high school?
- Is another financial meltdown headed our way?
- Your Senior year in high school can get to be quite expensive.
- Do you know how to reduce the size of your PowerPoint presentations with ease?
- Botnets are a very real – and very dangerous – threat.
- Please Rob Me! That site will tell the world when you aren’t home.
- How do you get your ideas spotlighted in your community?
- Is Google doing no evil?
- ATI is tweaking Catalyst drivers for the release of 10.2.
- Can teenagers really become professional bloggers?
- cPanel vs Plesk – does it really even matter?
- Unit 731 experiments will be chronicled.
- Are the Windows 7 mobile phone requirements a turn-off to manufacturers?
- In the modern day version of David and Goliath, it looks as though Goliath will win.
- America favors conservation, but few practice what they preach.
- Should Google buy T-Mobile?
- Malware is often delivered to your computer whether you like it or not.
Don’t forget to stop by our software center to see what new deals we have for you today!