I meet up with many people on a regular basis, thanks to things like Tweetups and conferences. Not everyone is so lucky, though. Often, deep and lasting friendships are formed online, but the people involved never have a chance to meet face-to-face. Many people maintain that it’s easier to make a strong connection with someone online, since you don’t have the fears and anxieties associated with how you look, or how you come across in person. Also, people tend to be more open about themselves when they are behind a computer screen, instead of hiding who they really are – and what they really think.
Have you ever met any of your online friends? How did it go? Was the friendship and connection as strong in person as it was while you were on the Internet? I’d love to hear your experiences and thoughts on this. I know that we have community members who met online, and later ended up engaged or married. I’m interested in seeing how many real friendships have sprung up, as well!
- A three-billion-dollar Amazon shopping trip is priceless.
- What did you think of the Microsoft keynote at CES earlier today?
- Command and Conquer Red Alert is now available in the App Store.
- What are the pros and cons of the new Nexus One phone?
- Why do leaders insist on making the same mistakes over and over again?
- Dell is in the phone market now?!
- Do you tune out social networking sites?
- Wireless, Bluetooth HDTV By Vizio – This Is The Future Of TV – Just Add 3D.
- Global Warming is a hot issue!
- Why are people putting colors in their Facebook status area?
- What is needed to make a viable touch-screen device?
- An experimental drug shows a lot of promise in treating brain and prostate cancer.
- Windows 7 may be easier to use than previous versions, but is it all thanks to Microsoft?
- The power of video vs text-based content – who wins?
- Lexmark gets it! We’re still coming out of a Depression.
- Few Americans with major Depression symptoms get the proper treatment.
Be sure you visit our downloads center every day, so that you don’t miss out on great deals!