There was an interesting post over on Lockergnome today, asking whether you are addicted to the Internet. There’s even a link to a quiz so that you can find out if you are!
I could sit here and crack jokes about how addicted I am to the Internet. In reality, though, it’s not a laughing matter. There is a tremendous difference between spending a lot of time doing what you love – and being utterly and helplessly addicted to it. Internet addiction is a reality, and it’s growing at an alarming rate. People who are addicted to the web are becoming obsessed with what they do there to the point that they ignore their “real” life, their responsibilities, and often their health. Marriages have broken up due to this. People have lost jobs due to this. Kids have been suspended from school because of this. It’s scary, and it’s real.
So, I ask you – are YOU addicted to the Internet? Have you taken the quiz, and read your results? When and where do you draw the line between having fun, and tumbling into an addiction? I’m interested in hearing your thoughts.
- Stare the BSOD in the face and laugh at it.
- The last nail has been hammered into the proverbial coffin.
- It’s a snap to use Ubuntu Portable inside of Windows.
- YouTube has announced the top videos of 2009. Did your favorite make the cut?
- Starting in January, you can access free Wi-Fi at McDonald’s!
- Why do some people refuse to part with their outdated pieces of technology?
- Parents need to be mindful of hazardous holiday ornaments.
- Discover previously hidden ways to promote your small business.
- Citigroup will be getting a break from the IRS – will you get one?
- Are there desktop replacements for the iPhone?
- Do you own a Nissan with a CVT transmission? If so, you may have a problem.
- ‘Tis the season to give.
- What, in your opinion, are the top video games of 2009?
Today on our downloads site, you’ll find several applications for both Windows and Mac. Heck, you might even find something for your mobile phone!