A few moments ago, I read a tweet by my friend Chris Brogan. It said simply: Know what kills you in life? Not living.. Holy wow…
Chris is right. Sure you’ll continue to breathe if you don’t go out and embrace every moment of life. But is that really living? I don’t think it is, no. Standing in place and letting time slip by isn’t living. Staying stagnant in your career, relationships and personal growth aren’t living. Convincing yourself that your life, mind and soul are okay as they already are isn’t living.
Living is about embracing life. It’s about always pushing yourself to do more… to be more. It’s about challenging your mind, opening it to new experiences and learning opportunities. Living is about changing directions sometimes so that you never become stuck in a rut. Living life means that you are constantly growing and changing in every aspect you possibly can.
Those few words from Chris are very powerful, and provide much food for thought. What do you think? How do you define living life? It will be very interesting to see what everyone has to say on this subject, and to learn how varied our opinions can be at times.
This wasn’t the only thought-provoking thing I’ve read so far today! As always, our community members are busy producing some excellent content. Are you one of them? If not, you can join us in our community today!
- Microsoft has posted a fix for the RMS bug.
- Facebook is the newest portal for social media Identity Theft.
- Could the environment be a contributing factor as to why many women aren’t interested in computer science?
- Is it time to Google Wave goodbye?
- What is the easiest way to share pictures, videos and audio files on Twitter?
- Can an Octopus make tools from things found in their environment?
- Norway and Sweden will be the first to use 4G services.
- Could social network searching cause security problems to rise in 2010?
- Another month – another Adobe exploit.
- Does stand-alone defragmentation software really make a difference?
- How do we implement energy-efficient data centers?
- Skinit! – your device, your design, your style.
- Are you waiting for the famed White Sales?
- Where should you put what matters most in a message?
Today in our downloads center, you’ll find a handful of excellent deals on programs for your Mac OS X system! Be sure to check back daily to see what’s new.