Earlier today, I posted a video (and blog post) filled with tips on how to maximize your comprehension when it comes to whatever you are reading. That video made me reflect on the types of things I tend to read. I don’t often sit down with a book. When I do, though, my concentration is so absolute that I tend to tune out everything else. I let myself become absorbed by the text. This allows me to truly comprehend and digest whatever it is I’m reading.
I also spend a great deal of time reading things online. I’m constantly perusing blogs, forums, website postings, news sites – you name it, and I likely read it if it’s online. Even though it’s something I’m reading on a computer screen, that doesn’t mean it doesn’t deserve my full attention. It doesn’t mean that it isn’t just as important as a book I can hold in my hands.
What do you read the most? Do you spend time curled up with a book, or are you like me… preferring to read what people in the world are up to, thinking, feeling and writing about? If you haven’t been keeping up with what people are doing on Lockergnome and Geeks, now is as good a time as any.
- Bloggers are revolting as the FTC sticks to its guns.
- Are you using TwitterFeed yet?
- Can you tweet yourself into early retirement?
- Is your face in the database?
- Could technology stop us from dying?
- The Linux Foundation membership just keeps on giving.
- New brain stimulation treatment may offer hope for depression sufferers.
- Can you sum up your life in only two words?
- Windows 7 vs Snow Leopard – who wins in a performance test?
- The Bing-Hoo deal is being called into question as Google looks on.
- Will your memory be the next thing to go Green?
- What’s the big deal about Windows 7?
- Snow Leopard really hits the spot for some users.
Be sure, as always, to keep your eyes on our downloads pages. We’re constantly updating it to bring you the very best and hottest software and apps at the lowest prices we can get for you!