Earlier tonight, we posted the video of Frank Eliason speaking at Gnomedex. His presentation was humorous, and informative. He gave us his top ten reasons why businesses should have a real presence on social media sites, such as Twitter. He made some excellent points – ones I sincerely hope you will take to heart. Social Media isn’t a fad. It isn’t going to go away. It’s here, it’s real, and it’s huge! You need to be a part of it, and you need to make good use of the time there. Use it to your advantage, and let Frank’s tips be your starting point.
Even if you don’t have your business on Twitter yet, I’m sure you are there. I think nearly everyone is these days, aren’t they? Communication is key when trying to build a business or personal community of any kind, you know that already. Why not take advantage of the easy connections you can make on a place like Twitter or Facebook? Heck, for that matter, why not try out Lockergnome or Geeks? Both parts of my community will allow you to meet new people, make great connections, and learn lots of things. There are people on both sites posting excellent content on a daily basis. Are you?
- The Silicon Valley finally gets WiMAX.
- Could there really have been malware on the New York Times website?
- Can you really upgrade from Windows XP to Windows 7 for only twenty dollars?
- Microsoft says there will be no TCP/IP patches for Windows XP.
- Are you having trouble finding a job? Aim higher.
- Why not look at a different slant on health care?
- Scientists warn that man-made crises are “outrunning our ability to deal with them”.
- Is IBM being realistic in its switch to Lotus?
- Apple is planning to dig in deeper with AT&T after all.
- What’s the largest gadget you’ve ever purchased?
- What are your thoughts on iTunes 9?
- Do you have a personalized email address?
If you aren’t utilizing Twitter, why aren’t you? I’d be interested in hearing your thoughts.