Frank Eliason is THE Comcast Cares guy on Twitter. Thanks to his work and that of his entire team, Comcast has proven that they really DO listen to their customers. By asking “how can I help?” Frank has used Twitter (and other social media outlets) to set a new trend in customer service. Frank feels that social media is bringing control back to the customers. Here is Frank’s list of top ten reasons your company should be using Twitter.
- Employees. – You can find out what people are saying about your company quickly by searching on Twitter. Twitter has made the world a much smaller place, even in business. You can get information that used to take you hours, or even days. Know what your customers are saying about you.
- Customers. – Your customers are all over Twitter. Why don’t you know what they love – and hate – about your business? It’s a simple of matter of taking a look at their Twitter page. However, I caution you not to ever try to fire someone for what they may have said on a tweet. Keep in mind that whatever they’re saying could end up being something you need to know in order to make a change in the way you do business.
- Frank works for Comcast. – People tend to talk about him. He’s just a customer service guy, and claims he’s nothing special. Doggone it, people like him! He really is a great guy.
- It all starts with a tweet. – News stories today start on Twitter. If you’re a business, and this happens to you, you can get on top of the situation quickly. Don’t wait until you hear about something days later via television or print news. Take action immediately to save your reputation, and possibly your company, should something negative/bad happen.
- Sometimes you just need a break. Twitter is great for that, it gives you a break all the time!
- To go with your break… – If a company is on Twitter and you’re representing your brand there, you get to learn a lot of things. One of the best things to learn is about free things! I was on Twitter, and learned about free pastries at Starbucks. I went to Starbucks that day.
- All businesses need a Social Media expert! – Someone once claimed there are 60,000 Social Media experts hanging out on Twitter. Frank claims to not be an expert, so he turns to Twitter when he needs to find one.
- Your brand is trending. – It’s fun when your brand starts trending. It’s a great way to get more attention, and get your message out. Take part in the conversation. What if you trend, and you miss it?
- We hear of businesses on Twitter all the time. – It’s always the same brands and companies that are out there. There’s a lot of great examples on Twitter for these companies to listen, and learn from. Sadly, many of them aren’t bothering. They don’t have a presence on Twitter, and they’re missing out on some great opportunities.
- The #1 reason to have your business on Twitter: – You can make new friends, not just business contacts. You’ll never know exactly who is behind that next tweet! It’s all about relationships.
Being on Twitter, and other social media sites, can help you turn your detractors into your biggest fans. It really is insane for you to not be taking advantage of social media outlets. Get your business out there today!
Want to embed this video on your own site, blog, or forum? Use this code: