Even those of us who are power users or experts with technology need help sometimes. None of us can possibly know everything there is to know. Who do you go to when you get stuck and need an answer, or an extra set of eyes? Who can you call up to pick their brains, hopefully helping to solve your problem? I’m lucky to have a good network of friends that I know I can turn to, depending on what the problem is I’m facing. Being a Geek (and a guy!) – I admit I have a hard time reaching out and asking for help. I tend to research and fiddle, trying to fix whatever it is myself. But sometimes, you just have to wave that white flag and say “Help me!!”. So – who can you count on to give you those answers? Have you ever thanked them for taking the time out of their day to patiently help you? Make sure you do!
So much is going on around here right now. Gnomedex is only a week away, and the team is all very excited. We have an excellent lineup of presenters this year, many fun and exciting things going on in the hallways and in the evenings. I know we’re going to have a fabulous time – but not without a few more days of all of us running around like crazy. To all my volunteers and helpers… bless you, every one. No way would this ever be happening without you all!
Even amidst the hectic days right now, I still make time to check up on all of you. I love reading what you’re up to and what’s on your minds. I hope you make time in your day to do the same.
- Does John Dvorak need your money?
- A nation is outraged over a police officer taking down an 84 year old Alzheimer’s patient.
- Partaking in simple pleasures can make life much more relaxed, and productive.
- What do healthcare, monopolies, inflation and the government have in common?
- In-flight Wi-Fi is changing in-flight entertainment.
- Shuttleworth is kicking in some real Debian support.
- How much does that bottle of water really cost?
- What ever happened to the GOP rebranding effort?
- What’s your best gaming memory?