As you may have noticed, I’ve been out and about a lot more recently. I’ve discovered that there are times when going outside, seeing people and doing things isn’t always such a bad thing. I’m still my Geeky self. I still prefer solitude sometimes. I still prefer the company of my dogs and my computers to humans much of the time. However, having been dragged to several local events and attractions by various friends lately has actually been fun. I’ve managed to do and see some things that I’ve said for years now I’d “get around to one day”.
It’s no secret that I’m most comfortable in my house, within my own little Geek world. I have made many amazing connections over the years online. My knowledge and my mind-set have been expanded due to the people I know on the Internet and in our community. I often view things differently due to the way others look at them – helping me to think outside the box.
However, I’m learning all over again that there are connections to be made outside of my comfort zone. There are so many people out there who have interests and thoughts similar to mine – and *gasp* – not all of them can be found on Twitter or Lockergnome or even Geeks! It’s good to get out there and connect with them, and expand my world even further.
Don’t worry, my grasshoppers. I’ll never forget about you. And, no matter what I may go and do during the day, I still have time to keep track of all of you!
- Do you have a Palm Pre? Are you happy with it?
- One blogger has learned how to stop paying for television.
- The Microsoft earnings disappointment is good news for late adopters.
- Google now owns a fighter jet?!
- The cost of checking your luggage for a flight is increasing again.
- Informative blogging: edit your reputation
- Wal-Mart is beating out Best Buy with a $298.00 laptop.
- Is Apple’s attitude blocking Google’s latitude?
- The problems with the Pre not syncing with iTunes has been fixed.
- Is this the summer of Linux?