Surely by now, you’ve come to realize that it’s the little things in life that matter the most: a hug from a good friend, a word of support from someone you respect, thanks from a boss or co-worker. These things can certainly make your day much easier to get through. Taking time out to do things that are important to no one other than yourself are also some of those “little things” that can make life so much more bearable at times when things are tough.
I’m just as human as the rest of you. I get so caught up in the things I have to get done, that I sometimes forget those little things. I don’t remember to stop and smell the proverbial roses as often as I should. I may not always be able to respond to each email I get (I DO read them all!). My schedule may be full, not allowing me to attend something you’ve invited me to. That’s the way life goes, eh? We can’t have it all, we can’t do it all, and we certainly can’t BE it all.
Think about how good you feel when someone supports or thanks you for something out of the blue. Remember what it’s like to be the recipient of a hug, phone call or email for no reason other than to say “hey, how ARE you?”. Reflect for a moment about how much easier life can be when you take time to do something you love. Now… here is my challenge for the day: go forth, and spread the cheer. Call someone up you haven’t talked with in awhile. Tell that person who may really need to hear it “hey – thanks – you ROCK!”. Send your Mom some flowers to thank her for putting up with your butt (note to self.. call florist!).
Once you’ve spread as much happiness to others as you can, sit down and make yourself calmer and happier. Do something for even a half an hour a day that will make YOU feel better. What is it you’d do with 30 whole minutes to yourself, to do as you please? You know my answer… I spend my extra time reading through what all of you are up to. Why don’t you try it out for yourself? You may learn something new, get a few laughs, or make a new friend… starting the circle over again.
- Could explosives help protect you from Technology Theft?
- Yes, Virginia, you can get your iPhone Apps refunded!
- What should come next for Google Voice?
- Is there any one console gaming system that truly stands out above the others?
- Build your own Intruder Alert System.
- Could the iPhone change your life?
- The Pirate Bay is launching a new Hulu-type of video service.
- What happens when you are able to have online conversations in complete anonymity?
- Google is taking on SMS.
- How much do you think that iPhone 3G S is worth?
- Pound for pound – the Mini is a good buy.
- Is there more to a story than just the article?
- How can you keep up with all of the Twitter users?