Here’s a question for you all: what kind of game controller do you use on your computer, if any? Is it wireless, wired or even a USB-connected controller? Mac OS X really doesn’t have a lot of options for game controllers, sadly. Believe me, I’ve looked for them! I really wanted something that would work with both Microsoft and Mac operating systems. That, until recently, was just something you couldn’t find.
I’ve been used to the way game controllers work in Windows. You plug it in, and it works with pretty much every game you want to play. This isn’t true of OS X. I’ve tried third party software to no avail. I’ve tried different hardware, including the drivers for the unofficial Xbox 360 controllers for the Mac. So, for about $20.00 I picked up Logitech Dual Action Gamepad. I can even get you a coupon if you want one.
The Dual Action Gamepad is all about control, comfort and convenience:
- Versatile controls – Take charge with 12 programmable action buttons (including four shoulder buttons), analog joysticks with digital buttons, and a precise eight-way D-pad.
- Analog performance – Expect precision from two analog sticks with digital buttons and smooth, precise action.
- Logitech Profiler software (PC) – Get serious about your game with advanced button customization, multiple controller configurations, and printable gaming profiles.
- Comfort grip – Play longer with less effort.
- Plug-and-play setup – Simply plug it in and start playing.
It’s supposed to work for both Windows and Mac OS X. However, I maybe had one or two game that kind of worked in OS X. The reviews for this controller were really bad. Why did I buy it? There are literally no other options available. So, I decided to give it a shot. On Windows, I love the Xbox 360 game controller. Unfortunately, it doesn’t work seamlessly for a Mac. I know you feel there are no games for OS X. That’s just not true. Ask people who were watching me play earlier. They were asking me where I got that game, because it looked cool. So see? There ARE games for the Mac!
I have no other options for OS X. This is a call for help. If you know of a USB game controller that actually works for a Mac, let me know. The Logitech isn’t cutting it. If I could just get it to work, I’d really like this SO MUCH. I can just tell, by the way it is laid out. Sadly, I’ll never get a chance to know now.
Want to embed this video on your own site, blog, or forum? Use this code or download the video: