This is William C’s submission for the HP Magic Giveaway. Feel free to leave comments for this article as you see fit – your feedback is certainly welcomed! If you’d like to submit your own how-to, what-is, or top-five list, you can send it to me. Views and opinions of this writer are not necessarily my own:
Hey all! I’m William C. I go by Liam or Wolf, and I’m here to provide you with a few tips to get you out and about, for lack of a better phrase.
First I want to take the time to explain what a extroverted person is. Notice I use the word extroverted instead of outgoing. Being extroverted entitles you get energized by being around people. Sometimes this energy manifests itself in the form of nervousness or fear. Yep, that’s right… some of you could be extroverted people whose energy is just uncontrolled but I’m here to help with that.
On the other hand, you may be introverted. This means you like living in your own little world. You gather energy off of being alone, and when you’re around people your energy depletes. If you’re one of these people, you probably won’t be reading this for the tips. Just know that some of these tricks may work for you.
Extroverted means: “Marked by interest in and behavior directed toward others or the environment as opposed to or to the exclusion of self; gregarious or outgoing”
Introverted means: “Marked by interest in or preoccupation with oneself or one’s own thoughts as opposed to others or the environment; shy or reserved.”
I will now give you the WWWWWH Ammunition. This is your arsenal. WWWWWH stands for: Who, What, When, Where, Why, and How. For the sake of this tutorial, I’m going to assume we are talking to females.
- Who – Your “mark” for lack of a better word.
- What – “What” do you want to do? Likely, you want to introduce yourself or confess your love.
- When – “When” is the best time to do “what” you want to do?
- Where – Plan ahead, even if you’re not good at it. It is always a good thing to be in a comfortable place.
- Why – “Why” do you like her? Is she beautiful, smart, funny, or a combination of all three? This will be needed.
- How – Combine “What” and “Why” to form a plan of action. Sending her roses with a note, or maybe just walk up to her. “How” are you going to do it?
Don’t make yourself into a “player”. This is supposed to be about being extroverted and outgoing. If you use this information only to “score” ladies, then you will inherent a title such as player. Be sociable with every gender, race, and age. Not only will you appear to be friendly, but you may find, as I do, that people are interesting.
Now, I know what you’re thinking. “If I get nervous how am I suppose to talk to people?” This is my favorite part, and it’s something that (I hope) I came up with. I call them stress objects or items.
You know that female that you sat and watched… afraid to talk to her because you did not want to be rejected?
How about that the cool guy on the motorcycle that you wanted to say “Hi” too but you were afraid of looking too geeky?
Stress items are the key. What are stress items? They are something that you have that inspires confidence. Stress items give you that extra push. This allows you to tell yourself that you can, in fact, approach anyone.
A stress item can be anything you have at home that reminds you of how amazing you are. I’ll give you a example of my two stress items.
- Bracelets -I have Rubber Bracelets, with the year 2007 imprinted on them. Why does this bring me confidence? I was homeschooled. I studied & worked extremely hard. I was able to finish school by 2007 instead of 2009. These bracelets remind me that I can do anything. So whenever I’m about to do something that makes me nervous, I put them on just in case I need that boost.
- Gum -My other stress item is gum. I love gum, and can chew through a whole pack in about a day. This has given me strong teeth. Gum is my ultimate calm down item. Whenever I’m feeling nervous, all I have to do is pop a piece in my mouth. Why does this bring me confidence? Well, my mother is a smoker, and my dad is a chewer. I despise drugs, alcohol, and tobacco. I’m extremely proud of myself for going outside the box and chewing gum instead of doing those above.
The biggest piece of advice I can give you, even though I want you to try my tricks, is to just be yourself. Have fun and enjoy things you like with people that like the same.
Anyway, I really really hope you enjoyed this enough to make a comment. Thanks for your time.