This is Blake Mcginnis’ submission for the HP Magic Giveaway. Feel free to leave comments for this article as you see fit – your feedback is certainly welcomed! If you’d like to submit your own how-to, what-is, or top-five list, you can send it to me. Views and opinions of this writer are not necessarily my own:
Throughout my educational career I have witnessed many people fail classes simply because they do not do their homework. Sadly it happens all the time. This just sickens me because there are many simple ways to prevent this failure.
Are you someone who struggles with homework and needs a few helpful tips? If so, I believe you have come to the right place. Here are my top five tips on relieving homework stress:
- Get organized! I would have to say this is by far the most important tip on getting homework completed, or anything else for that matter. Organization allows you to focus, relax and get more things done. If you have an unorganized working area, room or even lifestyle, it can be nearly impossible to do any type of task. I would recommend carrying some sort of planner every day. That way you will be able to keep track of your assignments and try not to fall behind on anything.
- Make daily schedules. Making schedules is also a big part of relieving homework stress. A schedule will keep you organized and consistent on completing any type of task needed to be done. I would recommend making a schedule either every night or every morning, that way you have a clear picture of the events that are going to take place on that day. This will not only keep you on your toes, but it will make your day run much more smoothly. Also, make sure you get plenty of rest at night. Getting a lot of rest will dramatically affect how you feel the next day. This may take some getting used to at first, but over time you will see the benefits of having a schedule.
- Pay attention. In school, I have gotten homework for many reasons. Usually it was to review what the Instructor taught us in class. If you pay close attention while the Instructor is teaching, you will be able to complete your homework with absolute ease. If you have a hard time remembering things like I do, I would advise you to take some notes. I have heard some positive things about the Pulse Smartpen by Livescribe. Who knows, maybe that is something you might be interested in, to help you exceed in school.
- Study. I am sure you have been advised by your parents and teachers to study – many times – and never did. But, if you stop and think about it, you should! If you study for just a short time every day, you would be surprised by how much more things you remember from that particular subject. Then the homework, tests and pop quizzes become a lot easier because you will remember the studied topic.
- Be responsible. Yeah, I know I am not your mom, but when it comes to relieving homework stress you should always be responsible. By being responsible, I mean that if you miss a day of school, you should always get the assignments completed that you missed. Just because you are sick for a day or two does not mean that you can just not do the work that was given. Usually if it’s something really serious teachers will negotiate the due date to give you more time to complete the assignment.
How do you handle your homework stress? Please leave some comments, I would really appreciate it. Thanks!