Just to prove that all sorts of people come into our chat room, I’m going to leave the chat unmoderated… which can be quite dangerous at times. You’d be surprised. Even at 11:30 at night, we have several hundred people awake and talking live with us. What if you can’t get into our chat? You could always try Mibbit.
Mibbit is very green, which makes sense since their logo is a little tree frog. You can go to this site and search for keywords across many different IRC servers. You can turn up chat rooms you never knew existed. Be careful when jumping into a new chat community. Always take time to get to know the regulars, and how they interact with each other.
Connecting to us is easy with Mibbit. In the “Server” drop down box, choose “Irc.WyldRyde.Org”. In the channel box, enter #Chris. Make sure you add the # sign when you try to join any channel. In the nickname box, choose a name you want to use in the channel. If you have registered your nickname on WyldRyde, you can enter your password in the box.
Now you can chat on IRC with us from anywhere in the world, on any machine out there… as long as you have a browser and an internet connection. You no longer have to worry about installing IRC software, nor do you need to worry about whether the machine will allow a connection to us!
Here are some key features of using Mibbit:
- Connect to multiple servers, multiple channels and PMs.
- Works on major browsers, iPhone, wii, etc
- Full UTF-8 support
- Recent chat – When you join a channel, you get some recent chat! Magic!
- Typing notify – Now you know when someone is done explaining something
- On the fly language translation – Now you’re multi-lingual!
- Integrated pastebin – No more having to find a pastebin
- Parsing of smilies, links, channels, nicks, mIRC color
- Supports SSL IRC connections
- Setup auto connects to join your favourite channels
- Tab complete on nicknames
Want to embed this video on your own site, blog, or forum? Use this code or download the video: