Whether you’ve never used Toast in the past, or looking for more features than previous versions… you’ll be happy to read all about Roxio Toast 9, which is being released later today. I have always been a fan of this software. After reading through all of the new things they’ve incorporated, as well as the improvements, I’ll definitely be upgrading soon. Toast 9 sets the standard, again – now by extending the hi-def burning options to HD DVD and Blu-ray media. Whatever your projects involve… data, music, photo or video… you’ll finish more quickly and reliably thanks to the new Toast 9.
Get the most from your digital media and Mac OS X, with Toast 9. Extending your options to Blu-ray and HD DVD media, it sets the standard yet again for burning on the Mac and includes a host of new features. Compress, copy and convert video to watch on popular mobile devices. Trim unwanted segments. Capture streaming audio from any source, even automatically add title, artist and other tags – then enjoy it on your iPod. Burn or play your favorite TV shows on your iPhone or PSP. It’s everything you need to Toast your digital life!
“What’s New” in Toast 9
- Batch DVD-Video saves you time, by letting you use multiple DVD-Video folders for a Fit-to-DVD compression or conversion.
- Video cropping and trimming features let you easily remove unwanted video segments before you burn your disc, or move to your portable player.
- Create High Definition Blu-Ray, HD DVD or standard DVD discs of your HD camcorder footage, slide shows or other HD video content.
- Watch your recorded TiVo or EyeTV shows via the Internet, or stream video from your Mac to your iPhone or Internet-connected PC or Mac!
- Unique audio fingerprinting technology identifies untagged music files and adds name, artist, album and other file information. No more “Track 01″!
- Capture streaming audio from ANY source, including the Internet, to build a library of audio tracks.
- Preview video quality for selected encoding settings in seconds
- Pause video conversions to regain control of your Mac and resume when convenient
- Preserve DVD chapters in video converted for your iPod – no need to rewind or fast forward
What’s “Improved” in Toast 9
- You can now burn up to 30 GB on a single HD DVD disc, or up to 50 GB on a single Blu-Ray Disc. Archive up to 12,500 songs, 50,000 pictures, or many hours of video.
- Span files of any size across multiple discs… including HD DVD. Then, restore and read them on either a Mac or PC.
- Automatically catalog and track the contents of your discs. You can easily locate any file on any disc… even when they aren’t in the drive.
- File recovery for damaged discs
- New menu styles and custom DVD menu backgrounds
- Broad device support includes video conversion for Xbox 360, BlackBerry devices, and more
- Dynamic DJ-style crossfades, transitions, audio processing, and Roxio Jam pro-quality mastering tools
- Vinyl LP and tape conversion to CD, DVD, iPod and more
- Create 100% full quality photo archive discs with slideshows that play automatically on a Mac or PC
- Quickly create personalized disc labels for printing or LightScribe laser etching
With so many new and improved features… what are you waiting for?