Thanks to all of you for sending in your Top Five lists. These are great! Keep them coming, by emailing them to me at [email protected] This one gives us some excellent text etiquette tips!
- Do not write in “text language.” It is hard to read and you look like an idiot who can’t take the time to spell out words. For example, don’t use: Yo, c u l8r ily!
- Do not send short text messages like “ok”, “hey”, “no”…ect. Most people don’t have unlimited text messaging. Because if you send someone something like hey, they send back hey, then you say how was your day, they say great, they say how was your day, You just wasted 5 text messages. Say something more like “Hey, how was your day?” Also, don’t send “No-end texts.” There the kind were someone says “Hahaha.” you have no idea what to say next. Think when you’re texting like you are having a real conversation, face to face.
- Don’t send forwards. They drive people crazy! Forwards are the messages that say, “If you don’t send this to 345 people in 2 hours, the little girls spirit will haunt your for life.” Are you really going to believe that?
- Don’t do anything on your phone that you can do on your computer! Don’t download songs, check your email and all that other web stuff when you can do it on your computer! You will end up paying a whole lot of money on data charges. Its not that pretty when you get your bill and you see you owe 70 bucks in data charges or more!
- Last but not least, don’t sign up for all the “Text message Alert” features you get everywhere. Before you know it, your bill will have you paying $100 for all those texts! Just look at it online at your computer. Its also a waste of time for you checking all those texts. Stop being glued to your phone and explore the world.
Want to embed this video on your own site, blog, or forum? Use this code or download the video: