I’m largely disappointed with Apple’s announcements today. My expectations weren’t tremendously high, but it just seems like they could’ve closed so many gaps and chose not to.
- I’m not paying for a ringtone – ever. Gah! And no, I’m not going to hack my phone just to set a custom ringtone.
- Our family spent $400 more than we could have had we waited a little longer for the iPhone. This is where it doesn’t pay to be an early adopter – although I’ve found few complaints about the device, so this isn’t too much of an issue for me. Still, we’re gonna have to make a few phone calls to American Express to see if we’re covered for this rather dramatic price drop.
- I dislike Starbucks coffee, so seeing SBUX integration wasn’t all that thrilling for me. Good idea, however – and I’m sure they’ll make billions from it.
- The iTunes WiFi Store sounds nice, in that purchased albums will be synched back to the desktop – but what about podcasts? Moreover, why aren’t all of my subscriptions being synched to the cloud yet!? >:(
- Where’s the “all you can eat” music subscription service already?
- The iPod Touch would have been interesting to me were I not already an iPhone owner (and I don’t think I’d swap ’em even if I could, since WiFi isn’t anywhere near ubiquitous).
- Never owned a Nano, never will. Cool upgrades, though.
So, yeah – I can see how some people will be in love with today’s cavalcade of announcements. I’m not one of those people. 🙂