Wedding plans are coming together nicely, although we still have a few more ceremonial gaps to fill. One more piece of the puzzle has been placed, however, with the signing of a disc jockey. We met this DJ at a local coffee shop, where he handed us a bound prospectus that explained everything we ever wanted to know about choosing a wedding DJ (but were afraid to ask). It included 10 questions to ask a prospective disc jockey:
- Does s/he overbook events and hire subcontractors
- Is this his/her full-time career or his/her part-time hobby?
- Will s/he meet with you in person to help you plan your reception?
- What will s/he do at your reception that makes his/her service unique?
- Does s/he coordinate your entire reception for you?
- Will his/her attire be appropriate for your reception?
- Does s/he have company standards that govern his/her behavior?
- Are there any hidden charges?
- Does s/he have a wide base of entertainment experience to draw from?
- Does he have the skills to deliver announcements that are clear and direct?
You can imagine that this DJ answered these questions with sound authority, but they’re still good questions for anybody to ask.