Alaska Cruise Tips
- If you don’t have kids or grey hair, you’re in a minority.
- They will feed you until your stomach explodes; pace yourself!
- Cruise ship “Classes” are nothing more than sales pitches.
- If you can’t get a suite with a verandah, keep saving your pennies until you can.
- Plan on doing separate activites from your travel mate frequently.
- It’s cold in the morning. (NSFW)
- Formal wear isn’t required, but suggested for a more complete experience.
- Recharge your electronics every evening, bring spares.
- Don’t plan something for every minute of every day.
- Get to know your staff; be kind to people and they should be kind to you in return.
And, of course, do you best to line up a ship that has an Internet connection (though I doubt I’d be able to use it much if I wasn’t able to find Pluggd as a sponsor). Maybe if I keep my thinking cap on long enough, I can extend this list to 50 general cruise tips I’ve picked up on my journeys at sea?